Wednesday 20 May 2015

Return of the Dodo - The Aimee Mann tribute album

Some of you might remember ... a year or two ago I recorded my own version of a complete Aimee Mann album: "Bachelor #2 or the Remains Of the Dodo". I started with the first song and enjoyed it so much, I just did all the others too. Some of them came naturally, others were a bit more of a struggle (without the help of Glen Tillbrook, Benmont Tench or Jon Brion). In any case, verything was done in two months, with a little major help from a friend to do the mixing (and some vocals).

Rather ambitiously, this album was then posted in two giant sound files: Side A and Side B. Then we all forgot about it. Ha!

Until a couple of days ago, I listened to it again on a train journey, and I actually quite liked some of the songs - particularly impressed by Maceo's rich and wide-screen mixing sound. So I thought, maybe it's time to give the album another online chance. But this time, more user friendly, as 14 separate songs - for you to pick and chose, love and hate, ignore and cherish.

(only vaguely relevant picture)

So, if you scroll back in time (or go to

http://ymaginatifandmusic.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/normal-0-false-false-false-en-gb-x-none.html

you'll find them waiting for you!

1 comment:

  1. This post brought a smile to my face. Such an amazing project you put together - I keep asking myself how one guy did this! Truly amazing

    ReplyDelete